Finding the right college fit takes some research. Here are some resources to get you started. No one site or book will have all the information you will need. Attend college fairs and talk to your friends who have already started college to get an idea of what their experience is like.
Choosing a Major:
Virtual Tours and Reviews of Colleges and Universities:
Books to Check Out
- Where You Go Is Not Who You'll Be, Frank Bruni
- FISKE Guide to Colleges, Edward B. Fiske
- Colleges That Change Lives: 40 schools that will change the way you think about colleges, Loren Pope
- The Gatekeepers: Inside the Admissions Process of A Premier College, Jacques Steinberg
- The Truth about Getting In, Katherine Cohen, Ph.D.
- College Rules!, Sherrie Nist-Olejnik, Ph.D. & Jodi Patrick Holschuh, Ph.D.
- Getting In! The Zinch Guide to College Admissions and Financial Aid in the Digital Age, Steve Cohen, Anne Dwane, Paulo de Oliveira & Michael Muska